[vdr] Re: Shutdown during recording

Hello Sergei,

>what exactly does it mean?
> (b) VDR did it, but the script decided not to shutdown

I use the following script:
#!/bin/bash
# $Id: vdrshutdown,v 1.10 2002/03/15 22:25:38 bistr-o-math Exp $

NVRAMCMD=/usr/local/bin/nvram-wakeup
sudo $NVRAMCMD -ls $1
case $PIPESTATUS in
     0) # all went ok - new date and time set
        sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now
        EXITSTATUS=0
        ;;
     1) # all went ok - new date and time set.
        #
        # *** but we need to reboot. ***
        #
        # for some boards this is needed after every change.
        #
        # for some other boards, we only need this after changing the
        # status flag, i.e. from enabled to disabled or the other way.

        # For plan A (see README file for more details) - uncomment
        #            the touch line (don't forget to change your boot
script)
        #            and comment out the lilo line
        #
        # For plan B - uncomment the lilo line and comment out the touch
line
        #            (don't forget to install the modified kernel image
first)
        #
        # touch /nvramboot
        #lilo -R PowerOff
        /VDR/grub_reboot

        sudo /sbin/shutdown -r now
        EXITSTATUS=0
        ;;
     2) # something went wrong
        # don't do anything - just exit with status 1
        EXITSTATUS=1
        ;;
esac

# exit with 0 if everything went ok.
# exit with 1 if something went wrong.
exit $EXITSTATUS

>if (b) is true, then yes. You have to change your shutdown script (the
one called by VDR) to meet your requirements.

>note that if a recording is running, then VDR passes its start time to
the shutdown  script  and  nvram-wakeup will not set the time in the
>past. you might  want  to change the script according to your needs.
(you might want to ckeck the last parameter as well)
So, case 2) seems to be causing the problem in my script?

I think I should describe the situation what caused this question.
While e.g. I was recording channel 1 (eg. 20:15 to 21:45, which caused a
recoring time until 21:55), I watched
an other channel. At 21:46 I switched to channel 1 to see if the
recorded movie has ended (which was the case).
Now I decided to shutdown vdr because everything was finished. This was
not possible as described above.
I had to cancel the recording timer and then do the shutdown.

CU

Jens