[vdr] Re: Possible VDR Client? -> Pinnacle ShowCenter

Am Montag, 17. November 2003 14:37 schrieb Dominic Morris:
> Hey,
>

> > Pinnacle has a new product called ShowCenter. It's a standalone box
> > which
 connects to an Windows PC and plays MPEG1/2, DivX, XviD, ...

> [snip]
>

> > If no one has one, I'll buy one next week and try to find out how it
> > works.
 I've heard from a developer the he had successfully booted a
> > linux-kernel during the development-process, but I don't know if this was
> > a proof of concept or an official development-step...
>

> I'd be very interested to know what it's like and more importantly whether
> it's worth the extra 200 currency units over the MVP which I picked up a
> couple of weeks ago which does pretty much the same apart from DivX.

I guess Pinnacles looks better :-) It's in a very slim, 19" wide brushed
aluminum case with blue lights!

> I'm almost there with hacking up a linux server for the MVP, I pretty much
> understand all of the messages that need to be exchanged and so I'm now
> having fun with writing a UI (that looks remarkable like VDR <grin>).
> Give me a week or so and I'll release a first version of it for people to
> play with and break.

Same to me. I got it to work with Apache and some mpeg-files on the server.
Now I've to manage to get the vdr-streamdev-plugin to work. Hm, I'm not sure
what I have to do cause the Showcenter plays a direct link to a file on the
webserver smooth but hangs if I give a link to the streamdev-server. AFAIK
the Showcenter plays a movie like a Browser downloads a file...

Cheers,
Carsten