[vdr] Re: vdr crashes several times a day.

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 22:11, Andreas Share wrote:
> Teemu Mantymaki from the inital post have one dvbs Rev 1.3 and a nova
> budget. I have 2 dvbs rev 1.3 with alps bsrv2 frontend. As i read in the

I have also 2 dvbs rev 1.3 (not that i asked siemens for exactly that
revision, as i bought them newer revisions were already available).

Running the mp3 plugin for many hours apiece without noticing that problem the
failure is most likely in the video-decoding part, or, what's also possible:

The chip is simply overheating/failing - to (dis)prove this: is the same
firmware running flawlessly on other cards or do they have other firmware?
Or, as a negative probe, is the firmware comming along with the card for
windows showing the same failure or not?

Guido