[vdr] Re: vdr crashes several times a day.

> I have also 2 dvbs rev 1.3 (not that i asked siemens for exactly that
> revision, as i bought them newer revisions were already available).
>
> Running the mp3 plugin for many hours apiece without noticing that problem
the
> failure is most likely in the video-decoding part, or, what's also
possible:

> The chip is simply overheating/failing - to (dis)prove this: is the same
> firmware running flawlessly on other cards or do they have other firmware?
> Or, as a negative probe, is the firmware comming along with the card for
> windows showing the same failure or not?

I have an separate fan to cool the two cards. And i have cross-tested with
two additional other cards (cards changed, mixed, ect., all Rev 1.3 with
alps tuner) without success.

The windows-driver/firmware showing not the same failure, the card can run
hours without an signal without crash (The TT-Software seem to be tune every
5 seconds new without signal, but no crash, but, i must retune after i give
the card an signal).

I resume:

My second card "crashed" allways during epg-scan, without the card ranīs
flawlessly, but i must tune the card to an channel directly after the driver
loads.
The cards are not overheated, and the same hardware runs flawlessly with the
0.9.x driver and epg-scan.
The signal-strange should be good enough, because i have no problems during
live-view (1. card) or with recordings (2. card).
The second card runs Astra-only, so this could not be an diseqc problem.
I have tested with different channel.confs, so i could shure there were no
faulty channel in it.
I must tune the card after driver start within less minutes, or the card
crashed.
Because the 2. card "gone within minutes" without tunig, i think it is not
an vdr (epgscan) problem.

I think the driver/firmware could not recover the lost/not signal state
correctly or something.

Note: I have an ci-interface on every card, and if i remember correctly, the
icam firmware have had the same behavior.

Greetings

A.Share