[vdr] Several recordings lost due to inconsistent timers.conf - featurerequest

Hello guys,
Hello Klaus,

at the weekend I lost severall recordings due to an inconsistent entry
within the timers.conf. Dont ask me how this could happen. The timer was
inserted via master-timer. But thats not the problem to talk about. The
effect was that vdr restarted itself because of an inconsistent entry
within the timers.conf.

I did not see any benefit of this feature! Why vdr not simply ignores
such inconsistent entries? The effect would be that all the other
recordings would have been recorded instead.

Klaus: You prefer always secure and stable behaviour of VDR. Thats what
it is good for and thats what I need. So thanks for that. But why
prevent vdr from starting with such an entry leading to no recordings at
all instead of ignoring this single line and leading to only one lost
recording?

If your answer is that this could be managed within the runvdr script, I
think this could be done. But, I would like to add a new feature
request. I would like to see a oportunity to use the MESG functionality
within svdr to interact with the user. I would like to have the chance
to ask the user a (yes/no) question and get the answer through svdr
(Like it is done when an active timer is deleted f.e.).

What about the restarts?
What do you think about that new feature?

KR
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com