[vdr] Re: Several recordings lost due to inconsistent timers.conf

Thanks for your always quick and polite answer ;-).

> I assume the original error was an improper entry in your
> channels.conf file. The channels are now checked upon startup
> to make sure something like this won't happen later. Do you
> have any plugins or patches installed that might introduce
> improper channel definitions?

I did not have time at the moment to look into detail on this porblem.
Yes I have autopid installed. No, I dont think that has lead to improper
entries within the channels.conf. I deleted only the line within the
timers.conf and than everything was fine again. I did not change
anything within the channels.conf. But - of course - perhaps autopid
did. But if autopid changed something, it would not be written back to
disk. So an new start of vdr would always find the "unchanged" version
fo the channels.conf.

I see no point where something within my enviroment (patch, plugin, ...)
could have a chance to change the channels.conf.

But one question is still open:
I did not see any benefit of this feature! Why vdr not simply ignores
such inconsistent entries? The effect would be that all the other
recordings would have been recorded instead.

> Why did you mix two completely unrelated topics in one message?

They are not completly unrelated. If I would like to handle this things
within my runvdr script I would like to see a feature like mentioned
within svdr.c. But you are right, if it is good for you I will send a
secound mail with the feature request.