[vdr] Re: [Announce] DVD-Burn plugin released under GPL

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 19:38 +0100, _cooper_ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the people at the September VUMM in Feldkirchen already know the DVD-Burn
> plugin running on the Xeatre PVR we had shown there. Now the plugin is
> released for the public.
>
> Sascha Volkenandt wrote the plugin for the Open Source Factory (vendor of the
> Xeatre PVR 6100). The OSF decided now to release the plugin under GPL, you get
> the sources at the Xeatre homepage at http://www.xeatre.tv/community/burn
>
> With an additional command in the /etc/vdr/commands.conf you can select the
> recordings to be burned to DVD from the VDR recordings menu. After that, start
> the DVD-Burn plugin. You get a list of the recordings you selected and the
> plugin shows you how much is already on this DVD. If your recordings extend
> the capacity of the DVD, they will be automatically shrinked using requant.
>
> The result is a quite normal DVD Video with a solid background image and the
> name of the recordins in front. If you select a recording, you can read the
> text stored in the summary.vdr of your recording, the the replay starts.
>
> Version 0.0.4a is the current one of the DVD-Burn plugin, suitable for VDR
> 1.2.6 and 1.3.x. The plugins uses a lot of other tools like vdrsync.pl (not
> vdrconvert!), requant, dvd-author, growisofs and many more. You'll find a
> detailed list with download URLs in the README file of the package.

This sounds interesting.

One thing that would interest me is the ability to actually run the
commands on another machine.  I have not looked at this yet but I would
imagine that if my /video? partitions are nfs mounted on both machines,
I should be able to make shell scripts for each of the commands that
does "ssh othermachine $*" should be able to do this.  What do people
think about this.

> Greetings, Mirko
>  LinVDR - The Digital Linux Videorecorder                    http://linvdr.org

Home | Main Index | Thread Index