[vdr] Re: [Announce] DVD-Burn plugin released under GPL

Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

This sounds interesting.
Yay! Thank you for this plugin, I was too looking for something like this, as it's annoying to do this all interactive and even on my windows desktop.

One thing that would interest me is the ability to actually run the
commands on another machine.  I have not looked at this yet but I would
imagine that if my /video? partitions are nfs mounted on both machines,
I should be able to make shell scripts for each of the commands that
does "ssh othermachine $*" should be able to do this.  What do people
think about this.
This would be just great! That way I could let my other, stronger PC (has a desktop role) do the hard work, and my DVD recorder is installed in that PC anyway, then I just have to burn those images, maybe it would even work regardless if the desktop PC is booted into Linux or on Windows with some Cygwin environment installed, and if the "other" PC is simply not up and running, then the VDR-PC would do the DVD ISO all by itself...

Just my 2 cents..

Lucian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index