[vdr] Re: feature? VPS tagging

Please don't top-post if you can help it. I've had to cut & paste, and
I couldn't find the attribution.

In <1CDEF6D89C623541A1931B71F6D6F7F2025A032C@rearadmiral.logistics.int>, Vladimir Shved wrote:

> > I really like this feature request.  This is exactly how a Tivo works.
> > When you are watching a program, you always have a recording buffer so
> > you can rewind the program without actually having to record it.  I
> > would say a 5-10 minute buffer would be an excellent idea.  You dont
> > always remember to hit "record" before you want to rewind something that
> > you just missed.  Would this be difficult to implement?  I have been
> > wanting this feature for a long time.
>
> MythTV already has this feature, I think VDR should stay simple and light on
> system resources, that's why it stands out in first place. Maybe someone
> does not use record feature at all, just watch TV, this feature will
> complicate VDR a lot. If it ever would be implemented I'd say to do it for
> next stable release, not this one.

I disagree with you except that it might be a good idea to defer it if
it would delay bug fixes etc. VDR is more than just the "cheapest" way
to use a PC as a STB, and this would be a useful feature.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index