[vdr] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T driver selection

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:18:03 +0200
 Jukka Tastula <jukka.tastula@kotinet.com> wrote:
On Thursday 02 December 2004 11:53, John Grant wrote:
When I tried Klaus's helpfully provided DVB snapshot it wouldn't compile
and *really* complains (I forget what it said, but it made
me try the kernel drivers), Since I cannot get the kernel drivers to
work I think I have two choices (besides giving up):
Was that by any chance some linux-dvb snapshot? Those are only meant to compile on 2.4 anyway afaik.

I am using the latest gentoo (yes, I know how could I not be) - but what
does anyone/everyone recommend ?
Just build a vanilla 2.6.9 as if you were going to use the in-kernel drivers (select them all as modules, of course). Boot it and then

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
cd dvb-kernel/build-2.6
make
rm -rf /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/*
cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/
depmod -a
rmmod whatever old drivers are still loaded
modprobe whatever you need as usual

Well one step fowards, many backwards...

- I updated my CVS copy after the kernel panic yesterday
- I used the makelinks scripts to fix up my 2.6.9 kernel
- I loaded the modules
- no panics
- but somebody has removed the alps-tdlb7 driver from the
CVS version of the driver, so now no picture at all...
- meanwhile I still don't have all my nova-t detected
- maybe I'll try to find an old nova-t on ebay and just
forget the whole thing, until something makes me
update the DVB stuff in which case my FF card is doomed?

What is happening with the drivers that would make them remove so many?

The information in this message is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by any other person is not permitted.
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.