[vdr] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T driver selection

I demand that John Grant may or may not have written...

> I just bought an additional Nova-T card, but it's a bit different to my old
> one and the driver that it uses doesn't work - and I can't seem to find
> what it wants...

[snip]
> New card
> =======

> - larger RF canister (wider horizontally)
> - came with a remote control (that I don't use)
> - never gets detected (by anything)
[snip]

My card has PCI ID 1131:7146, subsystem 13C2:1011. If yours matches this
then, wrt the drivers in 2.6.8.1, you should find that budget_ci and tda1004x
work and that you now have an extra file in /dev/input. (BTW, hotplug should
load budget_ci automatically.)

I have the following rules in /etc/modprobe.d/dvb (note that I'm using a
patched budget_ci to allow for 'programmable' RC keys [1]):

install budget_ci modprobe -i budget_ci && modprobe tda1004x && budget_ci_loadkeys /etc/dvb/remote.rc5 >/proc/budget_ci_ir
remove budget_ci modprobe -ri budget_ci && modprobe -r tda1004x

[1] For the patch, either look through the list archive or grab the source
    diffs for the Debian dvb-driver-source package.
    <URL:http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linuxtv-dvb/linuxtv-dvb_1.1.1-4.diff.gz>

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index