[vdr] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T driver selection

Darren Salt wrote:

I demand that John Grant may or may not have written...

I just bought an additional Nova-T card, but it's a bit different to my old
one and the driver that it uses doesn't work - and I can't seem to find
what it wants...

[snip]

New card
=======

- larger RF canister (wider horizontally)
- came with a remote control (that I don't use)
- never gets detected (by anything)

[snip]

My card has PCI ID 1131:7146, subsystem 13C2:1011. If yours matches this
then, wrt the drivers in 2.6.8.1, you should find that budget_ci and tda1004x
work and that you now have an extra file in /dev/input. (BTW, hotplug should
load budget_ci automatically.)

My card does ID the same as yours (1011), but the tda driver ignores it. So, I got 2.6.10rc2 and tried the connexant drivers in
that. One of them, 2202 (or something like that) picked up both Nova-T cards, but then rejected them with eeprom check failures.
Then whatever 10rc2 does, it trashed the FF card as well. So I have gone back to 2.6.9 vanilla and have one FF and one Nova
working.

When I tried Klaus's helpfully provided DVB snapshot it wouldn't compile and *really* complains (I forget what it said, but it made
me try the kernel drivers), Since I cannot get the kernel drivers to work I think I have two choices (besides giving up):

- find a way to compile the DVB driver outside the kernel
- somehow update the kernel drivers

I am using the latest gentoo (yes, I know how could I not be) - but what does anyone/everyone recommend ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index