[vdr] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T driver selection

On Thursday 02 December 2004 11:53, John Grant wrote:
> When I tried Klaus's helpfully provided DVB snapshot it wouldn't compile
> and *really* complains (I forget what it said, but it made
> me try the kernel drivers), Since I cannot get the kernel drivers to
> work I think I have two choices (besides giving up):

Was that by any chance some linux-dvb snapshot? Those are only meant to
compile on 2.4 anyway afaik.

> I am using the latest gentoo (yes, I know how could I not be) - but what
> does anyone/everyone recommend ?

Just build a vanilla 2.6.9 as if you were going to use the in-kernel
drivers (select them all as modules, of course). Boot it and then

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
cd dvb-kernel/build-2.6
make
rm -rf /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/*
cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/
depmod -a
rmmod whatever old drivers are still loaded
modprobe whatever you need as usual

Home | Main Index | Thread Index