[vdr] Re: Getting mplayer to work with vdr

John Grant wrote:
> After a three hour bzttle getting ffmpeg & mplayer to
> compile - and look at the time - I now have the problem of
> making it work.
>
> I'm using the dual purpose mp3/mplayer plugin and the mp3
> part is fine, but when I select mplayer I get a fairly
> empty screen, if I select source I can see my two defined
> sources; a file server with mpegs and the dvd/vdrom drive.
> If I select the drive then there doesn't seem to be
> anything I can do, the  screen is mostly blank (pressing
> mount or play does nothing). If I select the fileserver,
> then when I select an mpeg nothing seems to happen. If I
> look at the console I can see s chsnging display with
> timer like information scrolling slong until it suddenly
> stops with some form of data error. Meanwhile the vdr
> screen has continued showing live tv - except when mplayer
> stops and there is a short period of black screen. All in
> all, pretty useless so far.

Please read the READMEs that come with the mp3/mplayer plugin and if
that doesn't is enough search the mailing list archive.

In short: you need a script that is invoked by the mplayer plugin that
calls mplayer with the needed options. The mplayer plugin comes with a
sample script, but you'll find a more sophisticate version at
http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/VDR/

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index