[vdr] Re: feature?

Sir James Lachtveel wrote:

Maybe such a ringbuffer/pipe would allow more relaxed "real time" condititions for VDR?

In DVB-T the image is already 6sec delayed.
What does it matter if VDR adds further 3sec?
That discussion is old - I don't see this as realy necessary.
Sure, some people think that this is the most important feature of all - well, it's a free world ;-)

Klaus

Klaus
How can a disscussion be old if it remains undone?.
I'm afraid I don't understand this sentence.

> A replay buffer is apart
of almost all commercial pvrs(personal video recorder) in North America
anyhow. It is possible, isn't it?. Is vdr just not able to support such a
feature? Could a replay buffer be implemented with a plugin?  Would this be
difficult to implement? Do you have any ideas on the most practical way of
implemting this?
As I have stated on many occasions, this is a feature that I (yes,
it's my personal opinion) don't think is at all necessary, and that's
why I don't want to even think about it - at least not now.

This may, of course, change in the future ;-)

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index