[vdr] Re: Can I activate a CAM card with vdr ?

Dominique Dumont wrote:
Hello

I've got a brand new card for TPS (Viacess). According to the doc I
got from TPS, I need to "activate" the card before I can view
encrypted channels. The doc mentions that I must tune my receiver to
an encrypted channel and wait for at least 15 minutes.

Will vdr allows this ? Or does it cut the video stream because it
cannot get usefull data ?
In other word, does the following message means that video data are
not forwarded to the CAM :
vdr[27423]: ERROR: no useful data seen within 10493596 byte of video stream
No. This jut means that VDR didn't get any useful data *out* of the
CAM. The original data is still fed into the CAM, so if you CAM is
able to "activate" the card, just tuning to that channel should do
the trick.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index