[vdr] OSD-memory-size

Hi!

In VDR the maximum of the OSD-memsize is coded as 92000 Bytes for regular DVB-cards (at least in older versions). Is this a value that is at least true for all cards, because it seems that for example a technotrende rev. 1.6 it is not (using a very current cvs-driver and firmware 0.9b of Werner Fink).
If I set three areas (2 2Bit-areas and 1 4Bit-area) which take up about 91388Bytes I get an oeOK. But if I draw into this areas the last area (1Bit-area) isn't shown. If I reduce the memory-consumption to by 10000 (just an example) all areas are shown. So I think the limit is a little lower than the suggested 92000 Bytes.

Am I right, that the current driver tells how much memory is usable? But if I use that way, I have to make sure, that the plugin (osdimage) also runs with older drivers ....

So what memsize do you suggest?

Bye,
Andreas Brugger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index