[vdr] Re: AW: Help Needed with VDR configuration???

I'll try it, but I still can't work out why it can't use a the same standard DVB-T channels.conf that everything else I have uses.

GJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Qwasi" <qwasi_1999@yahoo.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 11:49 AM
Subject: [vdr] AW: Help Needed with VDR configuration???

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org]
Im Auftrag von raid517
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 13:43
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Help Needed with VDR configuration???

Hi can anyone point me to any docs that will help me to
configure VDR on
my Debian unstable system? I installed VDR and a bunch of plugins via
apt-get. Then being the simple sort I am I opened a command
prompt and
typed VDR.  Unfortunately after doing so I was greeted by a message
saying : vdr: error while reading '/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf'. So I
dumped a working channels.conf file in there from my existing Xine
directory, checked the permisions on it and to that directory so that
VDR had full access rights thinking everything would be
straightforward
and ran the command again, only to be confronted by the
message that yet
again vdr had encountered an 'error while reading
'/var/lib/vdr/channels.conf''. So I did man VDR thinking I
only needed
to read a little more to figure it out. Sadly the manual gave
no hints
about how to configure VDR at all.  What is the problem and
why can't it
read this file? Any hints, tips or suggestions on how to
configure VDR
and get it up and running would be very much appreciated.

Edit:

It seems it can read the included satelite and cable
channels.conf but
it cannot read the provided DVB-T channels.conf - nor can it
read my own
DVB-T channels.conf. So the problem with it not being able to
read the
channels.conf file is restricted to the terrestrial
channels.conf files
only.

What about using the init-scripts!?
/etc/init.d/vdr start