[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

Joerg Riechardt wrote:
Gregoire Favre wrote:

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 08:08:19PM +0100, Joerg Riechardt wrote:
Hello again :-)

would you please post your .xawtv?

Yes, you could find it under http://magma.epfl.ch/greg/linux/.xawtv

thank you very much!

I put now some channels I found with google in the .xawtv , and when I start xawtv I now get a picture, but it freezes immediately, showing a distorted TV picture. At least something.

Well, that's strange, the channels are choosen by VDR, and xawtv only
control VDR through SVDRP...

oh, I have run xawtv without vdr ...
I will try with vdr

First you could try xawtv -noxv to see if it's work, and then with xawtv
-hwscan you could find the right xv port, that you could give to xawtv
with -xvport number. xvinfo is also a good tool to find out which xv
port are available (it's common that xawtv don't use the right one).

Please consider opening a new thread for a question which is not related
to the subject (FF cards can't play HDTV at all) :-)

I'll hope you'll get it working !!!

thanks a lot,
Jörg

now I start first vdr, and xawtv runs without problem
Jörg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index