[vdr] Re: vdr-burn-0.0.5: Wrong aspect ratio with 16:9 broadcasts

Am Dienstag 14 Dezember 2004 10:44 schrieb Andreas Breitenbach:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> >> On two recordings from the German station BR, which are real 16:9
> >> recordings, the aspect ratio on the DVD´s is wrong (4:3).
> >
> > Most probably the beginning of the recording is 4:3 and has that flag
> > set. This qualifies it as a 4:3 stream. Can you verify that ? I had that
> > on ARD and ZDF allready (though i did it manually)
>
> Yes, you are right, that was the root cause of the problem. Now it's fine.
> BTW: Where can I find this flag and howto modify it?

Its in the mpeg2 stream afaik. You need an application that can modify this
flags. I don't know application for linux though beside an hexeditor ;) and i
don't remember the name for the windows app i have in mind

Kind Regards

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index