[vdr] Re: Version of 1.3 that works ?

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 11:12 +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>

> > try 1.3.17 with the thread save patches(you MUST apply them!)
>
> It's not necessary if your glibc is compiled with thread local storage
> enabled (as is the case with mandrake 10.0). In fact I have everything
> working (including streamdev) with none of these patches  (though I have
> some occasional vdr crash).

And on the other hand, 1.3.17 with all available threading patches
applied to both VDR itself and all plugins is the first version since
1.3.12 that works robustly for me.  Everything between those versions
(including vanilla 1.3.17) would just completely lock up the box after
varying (30min-8h) intervals.  The patched 1.3.17 has been running
without problems since last Saturday.  This is Fedora Core 3, TT budget
DVB-C, DXR3 and a bunch of other plugins.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index