[vdr] Re: Version of 1.3 that works ?

john.grant@savcredit.co.uk(John Grant)  13.12.04 22:32

>This is NOT flamebait, but I've been following the 1.3.X
>track for the last month and in terms of actual operation
>the system is getting worse, not better.

>I've been using vdr for about two years and the later
>versions of 1.2.X were running OK, but the RedHat it was
>running on was not. So I built myself a Gentoo system and
>starting from 1.3.12 have been trying to get something
>stable enough to use. But I get the blank screen of death
>every day, bizarre timer events for days that do not
>exist, etc. Is there a version of 1.3 that is/was usable
>for my family while I await the next great release ?

try 1.3.17 with the thread save patches(you MUST apply them!)
There very many positive feedbacks.
Try without plugins.

rename "/lib/tls" to "/lib/tls-is-broken" and reboot.

>====================== Disclaimer =======================
>The information in this message is confidential and is intended solely
>for the addressee.

Ah, i see. very confidential! :-)))

>Access to this message by any other person is not
>permitted.

Ooops.

>If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
>reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

So sorry, i can't answer.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //