[vdr] Version of 1.3 that works ?

This is NOT flamebait, but I've been following the 1.3.X track for the last month and in terms of actual operation the system is getting worse, not better.

I've been using vdr for about two years and the later versions of 1.2.X were running OK, but the RedHat it was running on was not. So I built myself a Gentoo system and starting from 1.3.12 have been trying to get something stable enough to use. But I get the blank screen of death every day, bizarre timer events for days that do not exist, etc. Is there a version of 1.3 that is/was usable for my family while I await the next great release ?
The information in this message is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by any other person is not permitted.
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.