[vdr] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8pre1 OSD problem with Xv-out (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8pre1)

On Dienstag, 21. Dezember 2004 22:34, Michael Heyse wrote:
> Stefan Lucke wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce a new prerelease of vdr softdevice plugin.
>
> Thanks a lot for this great plugin. I submitted a gentoo ebuild to
> bugs.gentoo.de.
>
> I have an issue though, but I'm using vdr 1.3.14 & xv output, both
> stated as "untested" in the README (but otoh the project's URL in
> mentioned README seems to be outdated too). Please clarify if this
> readme is still valid.

Sorry the README is complete outdated and must be rewritten.

> Problem is: Whenever the OSD disappears, the video also disappears
> leaving just a black screen. Switching to fullscreen or back to windowed
> mode restores the video.
>
> Any Ideas?

That is in live mode (something is playing) or when a recording is paused ?
Which graphic card do you use?
Does moving the window around, restores part of the video ?

> BTW - the screenshots on softdevice.berlios.de show that you get a
> transparent OSD even with xv output, while mine has a black background.

Complete black background ? It should be semi transparent now.
Screenshots are a few months old. Formerly  the OSD background was full
transparent.

> Did you use a modified skin or is this becaus my gfx driver doesn't
> support transparent overlays?

Black background, video disappears when upon OSD close, that looks
like your card has some problems with color keying.
Whats your exact X11 version and card type ?

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index