[vdr] Re: AMD64

Hi,

> I was going to upgrade my systems a bit and I was whondering whether vdr
> works nicely with amd64 based cpus? :) Any experiences?

I've running vdr on a Siemens Scaleo AMD64 3200+ under Gentoo. Because
of the NPTL problems with vdr I'm using the ancient version 1.3.14 (my
system is emerged with USE=nptlonly). Kernel is 2.6.9, DVB from CVS.

I've no problems and the system is running for weeks without problems.
I've not managed to get kvdr running with my xorg setup, but xawtv is ok
for me.

One missing feature (one reason for buying the computer) is the analogtv
plugin. I can't compile this one because of the contained assembly code.
(Perhaps there is someone outside who can give some hints for this?)

The only really annoying thing is the noise of the machine ...

Greetings,
Bernd

--
Obwohl das Weltall expandiert, findet man nirgendwo Parkplätze.
                                   -- BR Space night

Home | Main Index | Thread Index