[vdr] Re: vdr streaming to standalone media player

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 16:54, Eric GRAMMATICO wrote:
> That's sound really cool !
>
> But what is the bandwidth usage ?
>
> I mean, if I well understood, I should be able to stream all the PIDs
> for a channel (video, two audios, ?and subtitles?), thus using vlc as a
> client should allows to select the language on client side... That would
> be outstanding !

It streams the raw MPEG2 data that VDR receives... so typically for one
channel you will need about 4Mbps of bandwidth.

If you have a budget card, it is also possible to stream the entire transport
stream - needing typically 16-34Mbps of bandwidth :)

Don't get your hopes up too high, many people have reliability problems with
streamdev (myself included :)

gdh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index