[vdr] Re: AW: How to name the audio tracks?

Hi,

Stefan Marx wrote:

I preffere not having such technical names for them. Most of the normal
TV-Users will probably being interessted in the Language of the Audio first
and in the Encoding second.

I would prefere something like :

Deutsch
Englisch
Deutsch (Dolby)

Or if you want it more General use :

de
en
de (Dolby)

I don't like this PCM Stuff or Stereo because my wife will ask me " what
does this PCM mean" or "why it's called sterea if only Mono is transmitted,
...)
Your suggestion is similar to those of Technisat's Digit D receiver which might be quite useful.

Please have a short look (just part of the mentioned page) into the following operating manuals:

Germain: http://www.technisat-daun.de/download/de/man/634.pdf page 23.
English: http://www.technisat-daun.de/download/en/man/841.pdf page 29.

Bye.
--