[vdr] Re: EPG extention - what's on 20:15

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ari Huttunen" <Ari.Huttunen@f-secure.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:10 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: EPG extention - what's on 20:15

> Peter Juszack wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     I discovered that it would be great to extend the EPGs What's on now
> > - What's on next feature. My idea is to define three (or even more)
> > times in the EPG setup and use the keys 1,2,3 to see what's on at xx:xx.
> >
> > My favourite will be 20:15 because in Germany it's the prime time when
> > the evening movies start.
> >
> > I tried to implement that yesterday and got it working within 15
> > minutes. At the moment I have 20:15 hard coded to key 1 and no setup
> > options yet.
> >
> > If there is a 'public interest' in that functionality I would implement
> > it and provide a patch. Maybe it would be an idea for vdr 1.3.18?
> >
> > I know that the tvonscreen plugin can do it but I like the built in EPG
> > better. My girlfriend's eyes are not the very best ones and she is not
> > able to read tvonscreen.
> >

> > When implementing what's on 20:15 I had to look for events around 19:15.
> > I think this has something to do with GMT and MET. Is there a system
> > function to get GMT from a local time?
> >

> > Peter
> >

> Yes, I'd like to have the possibility to see what programs are ongoing now
or in
> the immediate future. It would need the possibility to define which
channels I'm
> interested in, a subset of all channels.

I understand but that would require a deeper modification of VDR and is not
what I planned to do.
I know that it is possible to receive hundreds of channels via satelite. I
kicked out all channels which
I am not interested out of my channels.conf and there are about 25 left (
excluding radio program ).

I set the scan for new channels option to 'only names and pids' so nothing
new is added to channels.conf
automatically.

> Besides the possibility to view EPG data, it would be even nicer if VDR
could
> actually show me the live video feed from several channels at once. Like,
having
> the TV screen split in nine, and each showing a different channel with
title,
> subject to restrictions of how many channels can be received by the
hardware.

Of course a PictureInPicture would be nice but that is not possible with
full featured cards.
There is a plugin which gives pip over OSD but it's only a workaround.
pip must be hardware supported by the FF cards otherwise it makes no sense
to intergrate pip
into VDR.
I have just seen Back To The future Part II and there was a TV screen like
you mentioned in the
year 2015. I think we can have that earlier

> Ari
>
> --
> E Mare Libertas
>            <Sealand's national motto>
>
> Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 2520 0700
> Software Architect             fax  : +358 9 2520 5001
>
> F-Secure Corporation       http://www.F-Secure.com
> BE SURE.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index