[vdr] Re: EPG extention - what's on 20:15

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 11:31, Peter Juszack wrote:
> Of course a PictureInPicture would be nice but that is not possible with
> full featured cards.
> There is a plugin which gives pip over OSD but it's only a workaround.
> pip must be hardware supported by the FF cards otherwise it makes no sense
> to intergrate pip
> into VDR.
> I have just seen Back To The future Part II and there was a TV screen like
> you mentioned in the
> year 2015. I think we can have that earlier

I wonder if its possible to manipulate the mpeg-stream in DCT-space in real
time to get that effect rather than uncompress each mpeg-frame, generate an
image and recompress it later to produce a new frame with the 9 images or the
same for PiP. This would reduce calculation time to very little...
Some mathematician here? (Basically it should be shifting the DCT-coefficients
in the matrix to reduce the resolution and reorder the DCT-blocks with the
additional information)

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index