[vdr] DVD plugin: no sound with new AC3 firmware

I use a Nexus-S FF card and the AC3 firmware of Dr. Werner Fink. I checked out linuxtv from cvs on Silvester. I applied the vdr-1.3.17-ac3.dif patch to vdr.
I have the SPDIF out of the nexus connected to my AC3 AV-receiver.

Everything works fine with live AC3 on ZDF, SAT1 and ProSieben. Replay of AC3 vdr recordings also works.

When playing DVDs with the DVD plugin ( 0.3.5b06 ) I have no sound at all with AC3 DVDs (also no 2 ch mpeg).

I tried to DVDs without AC3 and there was 2 channel mpeg sound.

When using the bitstreamout plugin with my onboard soundcard I have sound (TV + DVD) but very asynchronous and interrupted.

Live AC3 improved a lot with the new firmware compared to the AC3overDVB patch. So I think the new firmware goes in the right direction.

Just the DVD problem has to be solved

What can I do?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index