[vdr] DVD plugin: no sound with new AC3 firmware

>I use a Nexus-S FF card and the AC3 firmware of Dr. Werner Fink. I checked
out linuxtv from
>cvs on Silvester. I applied the vdr-1.3.17-ac3.dif patch to vdr.
>I have the SPDIF out of the nexus connected to my AC3 AV-receiver.

>Everything works fine with live AC3 on ZDF, SAT1 and ProSieben. Replay of
AC3 vdr
>recordings also works.

>When playing DVDs with the DVD plugin ( 0.3.5b06 ) I have no sound at all
with AC3 DVDs
>(also no 2 ch mpeg).

>I tried to DVDs without AC3 and there was 2 channel mpeg sound.

>When using the bitstreamout plugin with my onboard soundcard I have sound
(TV + DVD) but
>very asynchronous and interrupted.

>Live AC3 improved a lot with the new firmware compared to the AC3overDVB
patch. So I think >the new firmware goes in the right direction.

>Just the DVD problem has to be solved
>What can I do?

Hi Peter,
You have to patch DVD plugin (0.3.5b06) with :

http://www.lordzodiac.de/patch/dvd-0.3.5b06.diff

Note, if you are interested to switch "off/on" the ac3 (like with older
ac3overDVB patch),
you can apply this patch :

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=26080&sid=

nb: working only with vdr, dvd stays in ac3 mode.

Cheers.
Karim

Home | Main Index | Thread Index