[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

Am Montag, 3. Januar 2005 12:26 schrieb Jürgen Schmitz:
> Josef Wolf wrote:
> > - VDR does an "emergency exit" when it fails to tune to a channel.  This
> >   renders VDR to be completely unusable as long as at least one bad
> >   channel entry exists.  A bad LNB, a broken cable or a bird in front of
> >   one of the LNBs would make VDR unusable, too.  Why not just ignore (or
> >   give a warning) on bad entreis?
> >
> > - VDR restarts continously when there is no signal in one of the
> > available frontends.  Therefore you can't put the box to a different
> > location just to watch some recordings.  You will need to take the dish
> > along, although you don't want to watch live TV.
>
> Yea, this two are really bad. With the old VHS I could still watch a
> recording if the satellite signal was gone because of bad weather. Ok,
> there may be reasons for this to reset the dvb drivers, however, if the
> reset didn't change anything there is no need for another reset.

IMHO that only applies if the frontend is currently used (i.e. recording). In
that case I would EXPECT VDR to at least "do" something to rescue my
recording.

With no recording going on I can watch a replay without interruption, even
when the reception is badly broken due to a thunderstorm etc...

Greetings,
Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index