[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

lists@magoa.net(Sascha Volkenandt)  03.01.05 13:54

>Am Montag, 3. Januar 2005 12:26 schrieb Jürgen Schmitz:
>> Josef Wolf wrote:
>>> - VDR does an "emergency exit" when it fails to tune to a channel.
>>>   This renders VDR to be completely unusable as long as at least
>>>   one bad channel entry exists.  A bad LNB, a broken cable or a
>>>   bird in front of one of the LNBs would make VDR unusable, too.
>>>   Why not just ignore (or give a warning) on bad entreis?
>>>
>>> - VDR restarts continously when there is no signal in one of the
>>> available frontends.  Therefore you can't put the box to a
>>> different location just to watch some recordings.  You will need to
>>> take the dish along, although you don't want to watch live TV.
>>
>> Yea, this two are really bad. With the old VHS I could still watch a
>> recording if the satellite signal was gone because of bad weather.
>> Ok, there may be reasons for this to reset the dvb drivers, however,
>> if the reset didn't change anything there is no need for another
>> reset.

>IMHO that only applies if the frontend is currently used (i.e.
>recording). In that case I would EXPECT VDR to at least "do" something
>to rescue my recording.

If you have only one active timer...

I had it at least once, that VDR had a problem to tune to
a second channel and so it restarts every 30sec.
The other 2 recordings were broken that way too,
as they had gaps every 30sec...
That's not what i expect.

>With no recording going on I can watch a replay without interruption,
>even when the reception is badly broken due to a thunderstorm etc...

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index