[vdr] Re: Anyone using MediaMVP (plugin)

Hi,

> * view stored recordings

I'm using it solely fopr this purpose.

> Any and all (un)successful use stories are greatly appreciated.

I'm very happy with the device.

- Initially I had probs compiling the source against my 1.2.5 (unpatched)
system. I reported the issue to the author who was very responsive.

- Instead of fiddling with BOOTP, TFTP and dongle.bin one or the other way I
went this direction: I simply downloaded the latest Hauppauge SW from their
U.S. site and installed it on my Windows machine and booted the Media MVP
from there (and tested it). Then I shut down the Hauppauge Windows services.
Everytime I turn on the Media MVP with the remote it contacts the MediaMVP
plugin (my Windows machine may even be turned off). Only when I want to
cold-boot (unplug / replug mains) the Media MVP I temporarily enable the
Windows services.

- For viewing vdr recordings the usage is quite simple. I guess what SOF's
disturbs most is that viewing with the Media MVP isn't recognized by vdr
(new-state, current position) and that deleting recordings isn't
implemented.

Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index