[vdr] Re: What about UPnP AV ?

Gavin Hamill wrote :
So for the moment as a 'VDR Client' it might be best to leave UPnP on the long
finger for a while, I think =)
Well, for live video you're probably right but I was thinking more of a plug'n play way to play/burning recordings from a remote PC (third party player), appliance or VDR (streamdev for dummies).
To be able to listen to my MP3/AAC/OGG collection on my Mac, view slideshow with my pictures, play downloaded videos on VDR would be very very cool..

eyeHome from ElGato <http://www.elgato.com/index.php?file=products_eyehome> (which is not UPnP AV)

Here is an UPnP AV framework (BSD license) for C++ & Java: http://www.cybergarage.org/net/
It seems the CyberLink author is working on a MythTV plugin..

Here is a list of UPnP appliances: http://www.twonkyvision.de/UPnP/devices.html
Sony VAIO Media seems to be based on UPnP AV..

Stéphane

Home | Main Index | Thread Index