[vdr] Re: Default video dir

Lauri Tischler wrote:
Carsten Koch wrote:

In particular my mail of Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:04:26 +0200:

How does that work, does VDR know the gendre of program and
then put it into right subdirectory.
Yes, in a way.

I am using epg2timers to create almost all my timer entries.
epg2timers can create a genre (= directory name) from match
strings it finds in the tvtv.de-supplied genre and also
from match strings it finds in the tvtv.de-supplied title.

Of course, if you use other means to create the timer entry,
that software (or person) would be responsible to enter the
correct genre.

For the (very few) recordings that I create via the OSD,
I have created reccmds.conf entries like these:

move to Science:/home/cko/bin/move_to Science
move to SciFi:/home/cko/bin/move_to SciFi

With the /home/cko/bin/move_to script containing:

#!/bin/sh
destination_directory=$1
recording=$2
recording_top=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f3`

echo Move $recording to $destination_directory

if [ $recording_top == $destination_directory ] ; then
   echo $recording is already in $destination_directory'.'
   exit 1
fi

if [ $recording_top == Action ] ||  \
   [ $recording_top == Comedy ] ||  \
   [ $recording_top == Fantasy ] ||  \
   [ $recording_top == Horror ] ||  \
   [ $recording_top == Kids ] ||  \
   [ $recording_top == Misc ] || \
   [ $recording_top == Music ] || \
   [ $recording_top == Science ] || \
   [ $recording_top == SciFi ] || \
   [ $recording_top == Thriller ] ; then
   source_directory=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f-4`
else
   source_directory=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f-3`
fi

echo mv  $source_directory  /video/$destination_directory
date
mv  $source_directory  /video/$destination_directory
touch /video/.update
date

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index