[vdr] Re: vdr xine does not enter learning mode

Hi,

I'm just searching the list for solutions to my own xine-plugin
problemen and I found the following post. Don't know, it this problem
ist still curren. Anyways,  I had the same problem and
found out two things that solved it. My remote.conf was setup to
control vdr by keyboard. After compiling vdr with REMOTE=LIRC I was
promted to press a buton on my remote. Pressing buttons on the
lirc-remote did not have an effect. Instead of pressing a button on lirc
I had to press some buttons on the keyboard (usually the up, down, left
or right button did the trick). After doing that I was told to wait and
than vdr would detect my lirc-keys. Sometimes I had to restart vdr if it
did not work on the first try. Also, vdr would not save the lirc-keys if
the remote.conf was a symbolic link.

Hope this helps!
Best regards,
	Oliver

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:59:06PM +0000, Ilariu Raducan wrote:
> -P 'xine -r'
>

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:20:41 +0100, tony <tony@tgds.net> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > After fighting with udev for a week then fighting some more with lirc
> > and then a little with xxmc I can watch Tv (hw accelerated).
> >
> > But I do not have remote control and vdr xine does not enter learning
> > mode.
> >
> > help...
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Tony