- if driver depends on RC_CORE, change this to select RC_CORE, depends on INPUT? OR use a patch like https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/40601/ and remove "depends on RC_CORE".
- mceusb can do wakeups. Allow this to be configured
- ir-keytable should display and allow you to configure wakeup protocol and scancode (protocol?)
- Can sir_ir and/or serial_ir use serdev
- Make the kernel mapping rc_proto:scancode -> keycode, not just scancode. This should reduce the number of possible conflicts.
- MS MCE Keyboard keymap needs multiple protocols. Keymap needed to select it. https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg115706.html
- ir-ctl should list available devices if run without any argument and allow to select device based on rc (based on /sys/class/rc/).