- struct ir_raw_event_ctrl member prev_ev. Investigate if this can be removed.
- if driver depends on RC_CORE, change this to select RC_CORE, depends on INPUT? OR use a patch like https://patchwork.linuxtv.org/patch/40601/ and remove "depends on RC_CORE".
- mceusb can do wakeups. Allow this to be configured
- Can sir_ir and/or serial_ir use serdev
- iguanair_tx() can be simplified
- NEC32 mess (again)
- Rename lirc record -> lirc receive (e.g. ir-ctl).
- Make it possible to load multiple keymaps with ir-keytable. It should detect if the new keymap conflicts with any already loaded keymap, and ensure the right protocols are selected.
- Further improvement: make the kernel mapping rc_proto:scancode -> keycode, not just scancode. This should reduce the number of possible conflicts.
- Compare lirc rc6 decoder. Can it handle multiple keypresses? What repeat/delay times does it use? See https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48761
- MS MCE Keyboard keymap needs multiple protocols. Keymap needed to select it. https://email@example.com/msg115706.html
- ir-ctl should list available devices if run without any argument and allow to select device based on rc (based on /sys/class/rc/).
- Rework ir raw decoders; register should only happen when protocol enabled (so we don't get an MCE input device). Also if decoders not enabled, #ifdef a load of stuff out.