[linux-dvb] Multiplexing vs. new driver API

As far as I understand the new API, it delivers video and audio
through two separate devices, and can also replay the two data streams
through separate devices. Does this mean that the occasional video
and/or audio glitches that were caused by the non-optimal multiplexing
in the old driver are no longer going to be a problem with the new
API - or are the two data streams remultiplexed "behind" the two devices,
before the data is sent to the DVB card (and thus still have the same
problems)?

If this were the case, I wouldn't have to bother remultiplexing the
data in VDR ;-)

Maybe one of the driver developers can comment on this.

Klaus