[linux-dvb] Re: DVB stream to DivX HOWTO

I'm using the 0.9 DVB driver, too. And an easier way to get my divxs out of
the mpeg2-ts :-)

1. vdr only produces files of the size of 1,6 GB, which is about 1 hour (the
resulting good-quality-divx for 1 hour should be about the size of one cd-r
650-700 MB)
2. Use Samba and "share" your /video-directory with your windows-computer
(saves the space you need to hold the copied 001.vdr, etc)
3. Use PVAStrumento to convert the 00x.vdr's to mpeg-program-streams (don't
demultiplex)
4. Use Vidomi to convert those converted vdr's into divx-avi. wait
Fine

Vidomi automatically cuts the black borders on widescreen-movies and is very
fast (about 6-9 fps on my PIII-850)..

MfG,
Sebastian Herp

PS.: And do not forget to cut your movie in vdr before you convert it to
divx :-)