[linux-dvb] Re: using ffmpeg on /dev/video

Sorry for asking, but now I completely lost you:

All this sounds like you can get compressed video (MPEG)
on /dev/ost/dvr *and*as*well* uncompressed video on /dev/video.

a) I remember to have read in here, that the PCI is not fast enough
to even transport only-I-Frame-Video. So why shall it be fast enough
to transport uncompressed video?

b) I thought, /dev/video is something only related to DVB7.x and earlier.
(Yes, /dev/video is the standard i4l Interface of course, but still I remember
to have read, that this device is "out" with the DVB8.x)

Can anyone please explain?
Thanks,
 Thomas