[linux-dvb] Re: LinuxDVB/VDR newsserver?

> Why not start a german FAQ which could be translated from time to
> time in English. This would keep the list English spoken and
> German people that start to use the dvb stuff would have a
> big help from the FAQ if they do not understand the English tongue
> perfectly...

I've been part of such a project before and all I can say is that this is a
lot of work worth nothing. Let's face it:  the driver messages are English,
so are all of Linux' system messages and VDR's error/info messages. So, you
have to know some English to understand what the system is telling you.
Everything else will IMHO just attract people who better buy a commercial
STB anyway (no offense meant) ;-)

Apart from that, there already is a German HOWTO at
http://home.t-online.de/home/hubertus.sandmann/vdr.htm (there's a link to a
German forum, too).

hh