[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Newbie

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 02:21:29AM +0000, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> Okay, I am thinking now about a change of direction and the
> possibility off setting up a satellite dish and receiving free (or more
> if I can?) channels that way.

Satellite solutions in the UK are mostly a waste of time. You'll get BBC
channels, a load of religious / shopping channels, and some radio. Sky
use encryption for which there is no CAM available....

> What card and dish would anybody recommend in the UK?

I wouldn't. If you can, could you try your Nova-T in Windows? You may
actually have a faulty unit....

> I dont have a TV in my room, just a 22" monitor, so would like to be
> able to use LIRC and OSD on that. What is the best way I could achieve
> this? Thanks to everybodies help so far :) --

There's no comfortable solution available for viewing DVB on your
monitor with a budget card. I know MPlayer and Xine now support DVB
cards directly, but I think it's a matter of specifying frequencies/PIDs
on the commandline...

gdh