[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with TechnoTrend dec2000-t USB

Alex Woods wrote:

From all this, the commands I give is:

# dvbtune -c 0 -f 650000 -qam 16 -cr 2_3 -gi 8 -n 900
# ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
# ifconfig dvb0_0 up promisc
(panic described before, "kernel bug in sched.c:564")

I'd be very pleased if anybody could tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

If you get a kernel panic, then it's not your fault, but a bug in the code. If you don't require a dvb net interface, try playing with tzap from the linux-dvb pre-release tarball. Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at fixing the problem soon.
The problem is that the software demux feeds the network interface in interrupt context, the network code is then trying to sleep and that's not allowed. Thus the BUG() call.

The USB DVB drivers need to use tasklets like the PCI DVB drivers too, thenafter you can use the DVB network interface, too.

Holger