[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with TechnoTrend dec2000-t USB

On Tuesday 10 Jun 2003 6:09 pm, you wrote:
> Alex Woods escribió::
> > It's quite possible that the bug only exhibits itself on OHCI.
>
> It isn't the case. I changed the test machine for one with UHCI and
> exactly the same appears.
>
> Which modules have to be loaded exactly?

I load just dvb-core.o dec2000_frontend.o and dvb-ttusb-dec.o

> I am a complete newbie in the DVB world, so I don't know if I'm giving
> the data in dvbtune correctly.

I'm pretty new to it myself, unfortunately, and I've not played with any dvb
apps except for tzap.

>  From all this, the commands I give is:
>
> # dvbtune -c 0 -f 650000 -qam 16 -cr 2_3 -gi 8 -n 900
> # ifconfig dvb0_0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
> # ifconfig dvb0_0 up promisc
> (panic described before, "kernel bug in sched.c:564")
>
> I'd be very pleased if anybody could tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

If you get a kernel panic, then it's not your fault, but a bug in the code.
If you don't require a dvb net interface, try playing with tzap from the
linux-dvb pre-release tarball.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at fixing
the problem soon.

Cheers,
Alex