[linux-dvb] Re: dvb/cvs: _SFBUF must be called? doh!

Johannes Stezenbach schrieb:
Guido Draheim wrote:

The _SWIN (set window/format) ioctl call will fail
without a prior call to _SFBUF (set frame buffer).

Only with this patch I can run the v4l viewer with
latest cvs dvb drivers (on a siemens dvb-s 1.3).

Comitted. Thanks!

Note: If you get a grey overlay and/or saa7146 error messages
in your kernel logs, you probably have set zapping to use the
wrong norm (PAL vs. NTSC).

Another note: The saa7146 driver part of the DVB driver is
unmaintained because it got replaced with a shiny new
v4l2 compatible driver in the dvb-kernel tree. Our plan
is to phase out the "DVB" entirely in the near future and
move to dvb-kernel (which is included in linux-2.5.x
but can be built for 2.4.x).

yepp, I did not try that simply for it seems to depend
on overriding/replacing a few modules in the 2.4 kernel
and it happens that I do have a bttv card as well.

As of late, however, I learned that linux >= 2.4.19 has
a V4L2 layer and all calls to V4L1 are mapped to the
new api. What do you think, should it be possible to
compile dvb-kernel drivers for linux >= 2.4.19 _without_
replacing some of the original modules? IIRC, distros
ship with kernel >= 2.4.19 for many moons now, so...

cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)