[linux-dvb] Re: Set up a network interface

On Thursday 26 Jun 2003 8:14 am, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Alex Woods wrote:
> >>I'm using (in this order) dvb-core, dvb-ttusb-dec, and dec2000_frontend.
> >>
> >>What's going on here?
> >
> > What's going on here is that I haven't yet figured out how the dec
> > requests and receives any streams other than video and audio (private
> > streams containing channel details are delivered a different way), nor
> > have I figured out how to get signal strength etc.  This means you will
> > not be able to use scan to get a channel list.
>
> Have you found out how Technotrend is passing sections (current/next
> service info, date/time sections etc) to the host PC?

Yes and no.  I have usb snoops of bits I'm sure must be passing sections, but
I've yet to decipher them.  If you know of any documentation describing the
format of these sections, that would be very useful, so that I can identify
and dig the sections out from Technotrend's protocols.

Cheers,
Alex