[linux-dvb] Re: dvb and 2.5.73

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:31:43AM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> sorry, I tested static builds only. I added
> EXPORT_SYMBOL(ttpci_eeprom_parse_mac). A solution which links together
> all ttpci object files into one module would be more elegant, but I was
> not able to make it work with both static and DVB-as-module kernel
> builds. Please send a patch if you get this working,

I don't know if I should I made another thread for this?

I don't understand why people could compil dvb static: how do you do
when your dvb don't work good ?

For example with two cards and VDR, if I wait some time before recording
something on the second card, VDR exits beacause it can't record on the
second card, and if I rerun VDR, it exits till I do a reload of the
module before running VDR again, and then it works perfeclty...

It seems to me, that after a reccord on the second card ends, I can wait
as long as I want before recording another one, and the next one is
without problem...

So, how do you do such things when you compil statically?

	Grégoire