[linux-dvb] Re: Set up a network interface

> In order to use tzap I have to generate a channel list with the scan
> program, isn't it? Well, I get the following output:

<- snip ->

> I'm using (in this order) dvb-core, dvb-ttusb-dec, and dec2000_frontend.
>
> What's going on here?

What's going on here is that I haven't yet figured out how the dec requests
and receives any streams other than video and audio (private streams
containing channel details are delivered a different way), nor have I figured
out how to get signal strength etc.  This means you will not be able to use
scan to get a channel list.  You may find a list for a transmitter near you
in the linux-dvb prerelease tarball or elsewhere on the web.  Alternatively
you could write one by hand using the details given in the setup / program
information section of the dec's osd.

I plan to get all this stuff working sometime, but getting spare time is a bit
of a problem recently.

Cheers,
Alex